Revenue generation is one of the most important activities any business can engage in. It is defined as a process by which a company plans how to market and sell its products or services, in order to generate income.
It may involve some or all of the following tasks:
- Establishing the business goals for the financial year, e.g., monthly or annual revenue targets.
- Aligning the B2B sales and marketing strategy to match the revenue targets.
- Creating an organisational structure that ensures the revenue generation strategy can be implemented successfully.
- Reviewing all sales and marketing procedures and making sure that best practice is being applied in all areas of the business.
- Using metrics to measure the progress of revenue generation and adjusting the strategy as necessary.
- Providing training and education for staff, so that all colleagues are working to maximise revenue generation.
Revenue generation: the importance of B2B data
For business leaders, one thing that can frustrate revenue generation is B2B data. If the data you are using for B2B lead generation, for building contact lists for sales reps or creating marketing messages is not of sufficient quality, it leads to a broken sales funnel. This makes it harder for your sales team to:
- Identify new opportunities in the market.
- Operate a sales process that turns leads into customers.
- Close deals.
This in turn can lead to a sharp drop in revenue. How best to prevent this nightmare scenario from occurring?
How is Cognism relevant?
Cognism’s SaaS sales platform is the market leader for B2B organisations who are looking to generate higher revenue. With Cognism, you can...
- Ensure that the data your business uses is of the highest possible quality for revenue-generating activities.
- Track hundreds of millions of customer profiles against more than 5 billion different data points.
- Organise your data so you are alerted to any changes in your target profiles (e.g., if an existing customer moves to another company, or if a company you sell to has just been acquired).
- Find out about staff changes, acquisitions, financial results and more besides, as soon as they happen.
Then, you can make use of this information - which means more closed deals and more revenue for your business.
The benefits of using Cognism
Cognism’s revenue generation solutions are suitable for all kinds of businesses in the B2B sector:
- For sales: Generate B2B leads and launch targeted outbound sales campaigns. Boost sales, save time and increase efficiency across all aspects of the sales function.
- For marketing: Power your account-based marketing strategy with outbound automation and high-quality, GDPR compliant B2B data.
- For startups and SMBs: Scale the outbound process with data that drives predictable revenue. Spend less time B2B prospecting and more time booking meetings and closing deals.
- For enterprise: Utilise GDPR compliant data and data enrichment solutions to keep your business productive and profitable.
Cognism's revenue generation solutions
Cognism Prospector is a GDPR compliant revenue generation solution, powered by our patented Revenue AI technology. It provides B2B salespeople with a more efficient way to prospect, producing contact data at scale and streaming new opportunities into the funnel.
Cognism Refresh is a powerful platform for managing all your data enrichment needs. Cognism’s pioneering Revenue AI seeks out and targets stale data, filling in any missing gaps in your CRM records and providing you with valuable, actionable information to boost B2B sales and revenue generation.
Use Cognism’s native interface or integrate our B2B revenue generation solution with your preferred CRM, including major providers such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics and Pipedrive.
Grow your revenue with Cognism. Contact us today.