Cognism Modern Slavery Statement
for the financial year ending 31st December 2023
Introduction, Organisational Structure and Supply Chain
Cognism is committed to upholding the highest ethical and legal standards in all aspects of our business. We recognise that modern slavery and human trafficking are serious breaches of human rights and have no place in our operations or supply chains.
Cognism Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 09392705, headquartered in London, UK, with registered office at First Floor, Holborn Gate, 330 Holborn, WC1V 7QT is the parent company of 7 wholly owned subsidiaries (together, “Cognism”).
This Modern Slavery Statement (“Statement”) is made on behalf of Cognism pursuant to Section 54(1) of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Cognism is a global provider of a SaaS sales intelligence platform which offers organisations a smart way to enable outbound teams to predictably grow revenue through access to high quality, relevant and privacy-compliant contact data.
Cognism’s key suppliers in a SaaS context are: (i) its cloud hosting and database suppliers; (ii) various other SaaS suppliers; and (iii) suppliers which enable our premisses to operate.
This Statement relates to Cognism’s financial year - 1st January to 31st December 2023.
Policies and Training
We are committed to taking all necessary steps to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking within our business and supply chains. Our commitment includes:
- Policies and procedures: Cognism has established policies and procedures that reflect our commitment to addressing modern slavery. These documents guide our employees and suppliers on the standards we expect.
- Training: We provide training to our employees and relevant third parties on recognising and addressing modern slavery and human trafficking.
- Reporting and accountability: We encourage our employees and suppliers to report any concerns regarding modern slavery or human trafficking. We maintain a process for handling such reports and hold ourselves accountable for addressing these issues.
- Continuous improvement: We are committed to ongoing reviews and improvements of our efforts to combat modern slavery and human trafficking.
In our employee handbook and supplier policies, we communicate our values to our employees and suppliers and emphasise that we do not tolerate violations of human rights laws. On a regular basis we review our policies to ensure that they stay up-to-date and compliant with the applicable law and regulation.
Due Diligence and Risk Assessment
We conduct risk assessments on our supply chains and take steps to identify and mitigate potential risks of modern slavery and human trafficking. Everyone in our organisation has responsibility to prevent, detect and report suspected breaches of this Statement, human rights principles or applicable law and regulation occurring in any part of our organisation or supply chain. Any suspected breach can be reported to the Cognism Legal Team at email@example.com.
We work with our suppliers to ensure that they understand and adhere to our standards. We expect our suppliers to adopt adequate anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and to take appropriate steps to prevent these issues within their supply chains, including to commit to the core values of United Nations Global Compact.
Cognism is committed to respecting human rights as set out in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Core Conventions of the ILO and ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
In the coming year, we will continue to focus on the following key actions:
- Expand our supplier engagement and auditing efforts.
- Strengthening our employee training programs, including development of a mandatory ethics training module, as part of the onboarding package, highlighting the importance of compliance with human rights laws.
- Conducting comprehensive risk assessments to identify modern slavery risks.
This Statement shall be updated accordingly to reflect any additional efforts over time.
Cognism shall review this Statement before the end of each financial year and amend it as required by any material change in circumstances or applicable law and regulation.